Are you interested in a career where your contribution is highly valued and where you'll have access to great training and development opportunities?
Perhaps working with numbers is your specialty. If so, our accounting and finance positions may be of interest to you.
Or maybe you've got great people skills - we have opportunities in areas such as administration, media and public affairs, policy development and human resources.
Then there are specialised jobs in IT or procurement/contract management that may suit you.
Plus there's the added benefit of secure employment with a government agency.
At the Department of Corrective Services (DCS), we promote a healthy work-life balance and offer flexible work arrangements including:
- family-friendly working conditions and flexible work hours
- full-time, part-time and job-share employment opportunities
- generous leave entitlements including:
- 4 weeks annual leave plus 17.5% leave loading
- personal leave
- parental leave (paid and unpaid)
- study leave
- long service leave after 7 years
- purchased leave
- graduated salary increments
- regional incentives (depending on the location)
- learning and development programs.
When positions are advertised, the eligibility requirements will be outlined in the individual job advertisement.
You'll need to be an Australian citizen, Australian permanent resident or a New Zealand citizen.
Non-permanent Australian residents who have a working visa may be eligible for appointment to fixed-term positions.
To be eligible for appointment you'll be expected to complete:
- an identification check
- a selection panel interview
- a criminal history screening (this is undertaken by the Department - applicants are not required to obtain a police clearance)
- an integrity check
- any other assessments or checks as noted in the job advertisement.
Page last updated: 17-Oct-2016