The Department of Corrective Services fulfils its obligations by:
- providing offender management services that protect the community
- giving offenders the interventions they need to make a positive difference in their lives and reduce their involvement in the criminal justice system
- supporting offenders to become responsible citizens by adopting law-abiding lifestyles
- promoting crime prevention.
The Department is also responsible for:
- monitoring and coordinating the development of Corrective Services-related legislation, and tracking all proposed amendments for legislation that fall within the portfolio responsibilities of the Minister for Corrective Services.
- providing professional and appropriate services to meet the needs of clients, staff and offenders with physical, intellectual, sensory or cognitive disabilities, their carers and families
- eliminating systemic racial discrimination and ensuring equitable outcomes regardless of ethnic or cultural background, gender or personal conditions.
Page last updated: 17-Oct-2016